CLO 3D Technician / Pattern Maker
Company Name: APG & Co. PTY. LTD.
Brands: SABA, Sportscraft and JAG (Womenswear and Menswear)
Position: CLO 3D Technician / Pattern Maker (1 year contract)
Reports to: Head of Global Quality
Location:SYDNEY, Australia (Support provide on working Visa and relocation)
This is a full-time role for a experienced senior 3D pattern maker who is meticulous with details and driven by the pattern making aspect of the design/fitting process. This candidate will play a key role in improving overall fit and aesthetic of Proto samples to production, to increasing overall speed to market by using CLO 3D to minimise the number of samples being made.
The person in this role will require a passion for developing technically sound garments with fabulous fits specialising in tailoring and draping that caters to the brands’ requirement using CLO 3D technology. This position requires an eye for detail and “out of the box” thinker who can collaborate with the existing team, vendors and across all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Work closely with Design team to create and adjust first patterns in digital CLO 3D software
· Communicate with vendors to ensure desired fit and design intent is executed in 1st development stage via CLO-SET
· Once style is bought, produce a tech pack for sample making, conduct fits and give virtual adjustments on CLO until fit approved for production
· Apply grading to ensure all sizes on CLO 3D on avatars to check all sizes are proportionately balanced
· Ensure all pattern revisions are completed within a timely manner to ensure deadlines are maintained
· Upskill and train existing Sydney QA team (6 staff) on pattern alterations on CLO 3D and CLO system improvements
· Regular store visits to check